FEMA Includes Polk County in Major Disaster Declaration
Bartow, Fla. (September 13, 2017) — Polk County Emergency Management received word this morning that the Notice of a Major Disaster Declaration has been amended to include Polk County. The amendment was issued Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
Residents may now register for disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, according to state and federal officials.
Applicants will need the following to apply:
- Social Security Number;
- Daytime telephone number;
- Current mailing address and address and zip code of the damaged property; and
- Private insurance information, if available.
By registering for federal assistance on www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- You can look up your address to find out if it is in a disaster area declared for Individual Assistance.
- Check the status of your application and get updates by SMS or email.
- Upload documents to support your application.
Another option for individuals, including those who use 711 relay or VRS, is to call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) while those who use TTY can call 1-800-462-7585.