Cooking On The Ridge: Jalapeno Popper Quesadillas
Prep 10 m
Cook 20 m
Ready In 50 m
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange jalapeno peppers, cut-side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil jalapeno peppers in the preheated oven until skins are bubbling and blackened, 10 to 15 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a resealable plastic bag; seal. Allow peppers to steam in bag to help loosen skins, about 20 minutes. Carefully open bag, pull skins off peppers, and chop peppers.
- Spread half the butter onto 1 side of each tortilla. Spread half the cream cheese onto the other side of each tortilla. Sprinkle half the jalapeno peppers, half the Mexican cheese blend, and half the tortilla chips over the cream cheese-side of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the fillings with butter-side on the outside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat; cook 1 quesadilla in the hot skillet until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with second quesadilla.